Followers

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Confessions of a "Municipal School teenage boy"

I have moved my blog to www.spotalks.com

My family background actually rocks! You know what I mean. My father is just a construction worker but working in Dubai and my mom like other Indian lady she is a housewife. So, Education is a bitter to my genetic code. At tuition, I was doing the usual stuff not listening but watching and at home, I was sleeping, eating and the obvious. But I wasn't satisfied with the monotonous life, it was very boring to me. One day at tuition, I really wanted to strike conservation with this beautiful girl. I went to her and said hi, what is your name? I was shocked she actually replied and said I’m nikita kaur from St Joseph school. I was battling an insurgent infatuation at that time so I couldn’t concentrate on the conservation and my eyes are basically lost in something else. My first convo with a convent girl was terrible. But I did notice something; she was talking swiftly in English and Hindi mostly about studies.

I asked my nerd friend, Hey! why don’t you speak to these girls in tuition? He asked me, what is the purpose of speaking to them? I hid my intentions and told him; you can learn a lot from them especially English. He was like no man I am not interested. But I want you to do me a favor, teach me this bloody mathematics, so that I can at least ask those chicks doubts. A Pact was agreed by my studious friend. Every weekend I go to his house and get drilled by him in mathematics. I asked him, what inspire you to slog like this when none in our school actually not after textbooks (Inside my mind I thought of telling him everyone is after chicks)? Then, He started of telling his sad story almost sounded like any sad Hindi movie. I was able to understand something in mathematics but this bloody calculus is a bitter word for me. I decided to ask some doubts or questions to the tuition master to show off in front of girls.

There is always uncertainty and twist to the life. We always aspire to do something but we end up being something though we had good focus according to our self. This applies to me also; the show I wanted to put in front of girls exposed my vulnerabilities and it back stabbed me. I asked some lame question to the master I think, he screwed me big time by drilling me in calculus and the whole class burst into laughter and I burst into tears. Everyone in the class started making fun of me as if I don’t deserve to be in the class. My nerd friend is only sympathetic to me and urged me to buckle down. This is the point of realization you know, I thought if I could show off I may get some chicks coming down to me. But I realized even if I prove my intellectual capacity though I am not, it won’t get me any chicks because most of the convent chicks are only lured by money and power. After each tuition class, I follow these kids to understand how they behave outside class. I peep inside the glassed doors of Ice cream parlor and feel jealous of their privilege. At those moments, I realized the differentiation and integration of life before digging into the real calculus.

I thought I have done all the mischief without realizing that I am not entitled to do those things because education is the only way to uplift myself from lower middle class status. It is the degree or college education I am going to earn will bring laurels to my family and eventually changes my genetic code. But I don’t want to be like my nerd friend and I can’t be. I have started preparing very well for my board examinations. Mathematics has changed from a very tough subject to challenging one and others are ok. I have to specially thank those convents girls and guys I may pass English paper. I am left with only one week to go for exam, so I need to study very hard.

2 comments:

The Unconventional said...

It was a real good read!
The flow of writing was excellent!
The subtle pun was fun to read...
Is it your real life story? ;)

sat said...

of course not. thanks for ur comment.