Followers

Monday, June 1, 2009

Self Realization

I am writing this entry particularly because I haven’t realized who am I completely or not even in half baked manner. If someone ask you, “Who are you?” how do you usually reply? I am sathiya son of subramaniyam, pursuing mechanical engineering in Nanyang Technological University (NTU). We may further go on to explain our interest and other stuffs. But how many of us really know our interest and purpose of our life. Honestly I haven’t discovered yet.

Many friends and relatives asked me why I choose to come to NTU over Indian universities. Did I make an informed decision of choosing the program and NTU? The answer to this question is a frank no. I didn’t make an informed choice. I chose to come to NTU for the exposure and better economic opportunities. I always had passion for chemistry but I betrayed my favorite subject and choose to study Mechanical Engineering thinking Mechanical has better career prospects than Chemical Engineering. I still don’t know whether I am right?

I do believe that destiny is always in the driver’s seat and we are in the passenger seat. So we don’t what is going to happen in the next few seconds. Things changes faster than we think. I met different kinds of people from the path of Cuddalore to Singapore. During tsunami, I met people who helps others whom they met for first time at Cuddalore. In Singapore, I met diametrically opposite end of people who are hypocrites’ want to manipulate others for their advantages. This is obviously not to brand Singapore is full of hypocrites, I personally think Singapore might have far more kind hearted people than Cuddalore.

I was fortunate enough to meet more brilliant and knowledgeable people than me. The conversations with them frankly increased my shallow I.Q by at least 1%. This is not an exaggeration because I asked them how they knew so much. Information is wealth; it may help you to explore lot of opportunities which were hidden. During the presidential campaign of Obama, Pastor Rick Warren questioned him on the greatest mistakes he had committed in his life. Obama is obviously smart so he replied that his greatest mistake was self obsession and in the process he figured out his life is to support the other people who are in dire of hope and change. These kinds of answers won him to white house which is even named as “white” ironically not to give political muscle to black Americans.

The greatest discovery in one’s lifetime is not discovering the honey in the stone but discovering himself. I am endeavoring to discover myself through the mistakes of my life and other’s too.

5 comments:

Alagappan said...

yours posts are too good buddy... keep the good work going.... :) we need lot of such posts and maybe even books from u...

sat said...

@Alagappan
I'm flattered! Since your good friend of me it is no surprise that u give me encouragement. Thanks buddy for ur perennial support.

Shyam said...

another good one from satya. Keep yur articles on current affairs coming. they are very informative. take care,

sat said...

@ The observer
Sure man! Next there will one from current burning issue from Cuddalore.

shivoham005 said...

A wonderful blog on self realization, do not miss

http://saakshaatkar.blogspot.com,

be broadminded read it for knowledge purpose

thank you